What is the Solution Exchange for the AIDS Community?
The AIDS Community addresses the challenges facing the successful achievement of Millennium Development Goal 6, and in particular India’s National AIDS Control Programme objectives with respect to preventing new HIV infections, assuring quality treatment and care of People Living with HIV (PLHIV), and mitigating the impact of HIV on individuals, communities and the country as a whole.
Solution Exchange connects members of this Community and increases the effectiveness of their individual efforts, helping them share and apply each other’s knowledge and experience. Through Solution Exchange, colleagues can turn to their peers across India for solutions to the day-to-day challenges they face.
What are some of the issues covered by this Community?
The AIDS Community focuses on the issues to be covered in the National AIDS Control Programme, including:
- HIV prevention
- Condom programming
- Testing, care and treatment
- Communication and advocacy
- Stigma and discrimination
- Universal access
- Orphans and vulnerable children
Who should become a member of the AIDS Community?
- People Living with HIV (PLHIV)
- Elected representatives/leaders
- Staff of government agencies at all levels
- Staff of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and community service organizations
- Community health workers
- Public and private sector physicians, nurses and other health professionals
- Social services providers
- Researchers, scientists and academics
- Other professionals in the AIDS field and all interested members of the general public
Who are the leaders of this Community?
The Community is guided by a “Resource Group” of individuals representing key organizations and agencies in the field of HIV/AIDS in India: